Cyprus. Working holiday agreement with Australia.
The signature of Bilateral Agreements as regards employment does not constitute part of the main policy of the Cyprus Government. In fact, there is a special system functioning in Cyprus, which makes possible the employment of labour from all the countries of the world without any restriction. This system safeguards the protection of foreigner's working in Cyprus, and guarantees conditions of equal treatment according to Cyprus international obligations.
On the 25th June 2002, a Memorandum of Understanding was signed, between the Government of Australia and the Government of the Republic of Cyprus relating to working holiday visas. This Memorandum provides that from 1st July 2002 the Parties will issue multiple entry visas for working holidays for a period not exceeding nine (9) months within a year, to persons who satisfy each of the following requirements:
- in the case of applications by Cypriot citizens for visas to Australia, are Cypriot citizens who reside in Cyprus, and in the case of applications by Australians for visas to Cyprus, are Australian citizens who reside in Australia;
- intend primarily to holiday in Australia or Cyprus, as the case may be, for a specified period;
- are aged between eighteen (18) and thirty (30) years inclusive at the time of application for the visa;
- are persons who are not accompanied by dependent children
- have not previously taken part in the working holiday scheme
- possess a valid passport and a return travel ticket or sufficient funds with which to purchase such a ticket
- possess reasonable funds for their maintenance during the period of initial stay in Australia or Cyprus as the case may be; and
- have good health and a sound background.
Australian citizens who are already in Cyprus holding a working holiday visa, may, if they so wish, apply to the nearest District Labour Office (DLO) for assistance in finding employment.
When visiting the DLOs, Australian citizens must have with them the following:
- Their passport and other documents proving that they are working holiday visa holders
- Original or certified true copies of their diplomas/titles of studies or vocational education
We always provide top quality services.
We work around the clock 24/7 !
We work anywhere in Cyprus.
Main | ▲ | Contact
Copyright © CyprusSite.com. KrAn. All rights reserved. 2004-2016.