Long-term residence status in Cyprus.Beneficiaries:
Third-country nationals (including family members of European Union citizens not covered by the Right of Union Citizens and their Family Members to Move and Reside Freely within the Territory of the Republic Law No. 7(I)/2007), who have resided legally and continuously within the controlled areas by the Government of the Republic for five years prior to the submission of the relevant application and who posses valid residence permits.
- recognized refugees
- persons authorized to reside in the Republic on the basis of subsidiary protection
- asylum seekers
- persons enjoying a legal status governed by the Vienna Conventions on Diplomatic Relations of 1961 and 1963, the Convention of 1969 on Special Missions or the Vienna Convention on the Representation of States in their Relations with International Organizations of a Universal Character of 1975
Procedure / Applications
- The relevant forms (MLT1) can be obtained from the Head Offices of Civil Registry and Migration Department (Demosthenis Severis Ave., accross the Ministry of Interior), the District Office of the Department (Vyzantiou 11, Strovolos, Nicosia), the District Offices of Aliens and Immigration Unit of the Police and from the internet at moi.gov.cy
- Applications along with the required documents should be submitted in person at the Head Offices of the Department in Nicosia after calling at 22-804400 for appointment arrangements. Applicants can be accompanied, if they wish, by their lawyer or employer
- Applications that are not accompanied by ALL the required documents will not be accepted for examination
- The application fee (250 CYP / EUR 427,15) must be paid at the Cashier of the Department in cash
- The Department must be informed of any change of the applicant's circumstances during the examination period
- The examination period of an application is estimated to be from 4 to 6 months (applicants are advised not to contact the Department for information regarding the result of their application within the said time period for avoiding delays in the process)
- After the approval of the application, those concerned will be informed by letter to visit the Head Offices of the Department in order to have the permit affixed on their passport
Applications must be accompanied by:
(a) Passport or other travel document valid at least for two years and copies of the above (including the pages which show the stamps of arrivals and departures) certified by the President of the Community Council (Mukhtar) or a Certified Officer
(b) Valid residence permit in the Republic with residence address within the controlled by the Government of the Republic areas
(c) Stamped (by Stamps Commissioner) contract of employment with a registered with the Employees Registry employer of open duration or for at least eighteen months that states the exact salary. Applicants presenting a contract of employment with an employer other than the one associated with their residence permit must provide confirmation letter stating the termination date of their previous employment. In case of selfemployment, a written statement of self-employment is required with description of the intended job and declaration of the expected income accompanied by the registration receipt from Social Insurance Services. In case of employment with a company that has never operated in Cyprus before, the applicant is required to submit the company's registration and incorporation certificates in Cyprus, a feasibility study and the profile of the company
(d) Certificates of academic/vocational qualifications, confirmation of previous experience and vocational/professional permits/licenses
(e) Income tax returns for the last five years and tax clearance certificate or confirmation from the Inland Revenue Department that there is no tax payment obligation
(f) Statement of social insurance contributions for the last five years for those cases where contributions are mandatory according to the provisions of Social Insurance Law or confirmation from the Social Insurance Services that there is no Social Insurance payment obligation
(g) V.A.T. returns for the last five years and tax clearance certificate in all cases where the provisions of the Value Added Tax Law are relevant or confirmation from the Customs and Excise Department that there is no V.A.T. payment obligation (for employment in self-owned companies or self-employment)
(h) Bank accounts statements
(i) Income declaration from sources other than employment which must be accompanied by Affidavit (special form can be provided)
(j) Title of ownership (if the title of ownership has not been obtained yet, the applicant must submit District Officer's approval for the property purchase, the deed of sale and proof of payment) or rental agreement in applicant's name accompanied by establishment description certified by the President of the Community Council (Mukhtar) and receipts of rent payments, phone, electricity or water bills for the last six months. In case that the employer provides accommodation outside of his/her own residence, accommodation description certified by the President of the Community Council (Mukhtar) must be presented accompanied by affirmation from the employer that he/she provides the said place. In case the employer provides in-house accommodation, room description certified by the President of the Community Council (Mukhtar) is needed
(k) Health Insurance Policy
(l) Criminal record certificate
We always provide top quality services.
We work around the clock 24/7 !
We work anywhere in Cyprus.
Main | ▲ | Contact
Copyright © CyprusSite.com. KrAn. All rights reserved. 2004-2016.